Don’t just listen. Get engaged.
The Startups for Good community supports startup tech nonprofits through our giving circle.
What’s the startup tech nonprofit?
- Startup = new and seeking to grow
- Tech = using software to scale with lower to zero marginal cost
- Nonprofit = organized as a public charity (a 501c3 in the US)
Why does it matter?
Examples of large, established tech nonprofits include:
- Tech Infrastructure: Mozilla who makes the Firefox browser and other internet infrastructure
- Knowledge: Wikipedia
- Government: Code for America
- Education: Code.org & Khan Academy
- Healthcare: Medic Mobile powers Living Goods and other community help workers
How does the giving circle work?
- Sign up as a member making a recurring donation of $20/month or what you can afford
- We will focus on newer or startup tech nonprofits to provide the initial "angel funding" to help them get off the ground.
- We will vote on a nonprofit recipient of our grant approximately quarterly.
- All donations are US tax deductible
Who knows? The startup tech nonprofit you fund may be on Startups for Good one day!